PLEASE spay and neuter your pets! If you can, bring neighborhood strays and feral cats to be spayed and neutered as well. Nashville Cat Rescue places over 600 sterilized cats and kittens into homes every year, but it will take a community-wide effort to end overpopulation. 75% of cats and kittens that enter shelters are euthanized, a horrific statistic that could be drastically lowered by responsible pet ownership. Middle Tennessee has many low cost–sometimes free-spay and neuter programs to help end overpopulation. Below is a list of resources for low-cost spay and neuter.
- Cats can get pregnant as early as 4 months of age.
- Cats can get pregnant as soon as they give birth.
- 70,000 puppies and kittens are born each day, as compared to only 10,000 humans.
- Cats that are fixed are less likely to be exposed to deadly diseases, be hit by cars, and develop certain types of cancer.
- Kittens can be fixed as early as 8 weeks, and most kittens have been fixed by the time they’re ready for adoption.
- Pediatric Spay and Neuter is endorsed by the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) to help end overpopulation.
- There are an estimated 60-100 million feral cats in the United States.
Low Cost Spay and Neuter Clinics in Davidson County
Nashville Humane Association Rover Mobile Clinic
Pet Community Center
943-B Dr. Richard G. Adams Drive, Nashville TN 37207
Southern Alliance of Animal Welfare
P.O.Box 23535, Nashville TN 37202
Low Cost Spay and Neuter Clinics in Middle TN
2215 Keeneland Commercial Blvd., Murfreesboro TN 37217
Cookeville/Putnam County Animal Shelter
2105 W Jackson Street, Cookeville TN 38501
Humane Society of Dekalb County (Voucher Program)
210 E Public Sq., Smithville TN 37166
Humane Society of Sumner County
16 Volunteer Drive, Hendersonville TN 37075
Mike Shipley Memorial Spay/Neuter Clinic (Humane Society of Putnam County)
180 Miller Road, Cookeville TN 38501
(931) 372-2728 or 866-983-7729
New Leash on Life Mobile Spay Station
Concentrated efforts in Wilson County but visits other areas in Middle TN. Check website for details and scheduling.
Southern Alliance of Animal Welfare – Lincoln County Chapter
2703 Huntsville Highway, Fayetteville TN 37334
Spay Neuter Assistance Clarksville (SNAC)
940 Tennessee Ave., Clarksville TN 37041
Spay Neuter Financial Assistance, Inc. (SNFA) (Voucher program; call for details)
230 Happy Valley Drive, Dowelltown TN 37059
Stewart County Animal Management Program (SCAMP)
999 Antioch Road, Dover TN 37058
Sumner Spay Neuter Alliance
Clinic: 720 Blythe Avenue, Gallatin TN 37066
Mailing: P.O. Box 1834, Gallatin TN 37066
Williamson County Animal Control and Adoption
Get a Referral to a Low-Cost Spay/Neuter in Your Area: http://www.spayusa.org/